Though tonight's debate will be focused on domestic policy, I am hoping there will be some talk about job creation, which could lead to some remarks on globalization. I thought last weeks' class discussion about the similarities and differences in the candidate's ads (particularly dealing with China) was interesting, and I found some more Obama and Romney ads on the subject. Look at the dates--note that this attack has been coming from both sides for months (and even over a year) now!
Obama ads:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=o0tZK_qHHCc&feature=endscreen, July 7, "The Problem"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ud3mMj0AZZk, July 17, singing "Firms"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kweMVAHE6vA September 26, "To Us"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kweMVAHE6vA, October 1, "Since When?"
Romney ads:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58pq658byzI&feature=relmfu, September 13, "Failing American Workers"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9Q4Wu9x1Uw&feature=relmfu, July, 2011!, "Take China to the Mat"
Pay special attention to this last Romney ad from over a year ago. This gives a coorporation's perspective on international intellectual property protection (or lack thereof).
No comments:
Post a Comment